Everglades Kayaking & Canoeing Tours
Get up close and personal with exotic wildlife and breathtaking surroundings with these guided paddling tours – by kayak or canoe, suited for all levels of experience.
Easy = May include walking short distances and/or light physical activity.
Moderate = May include longer distance walks and/or walking rough terrain and/or fair amount of physical activity.
Advanced = May include an extended time where more involved physical activity is needed.
Boat Assisted Kayak Eco Tour
- Tour Description: The boat assisted kayak ECO tour presents an opportunity to explore and experience the Everglades on a more interactive, engaging level by combining a boat and kayak trip. The fully equipped transport boat includes all needs, making the boat ride as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. The transport boat has the capacity to hold six passengers and includes captain’s-style seats, coolers for drinks, a GPS tracking system, safety equipment, and more. This tour takes you to a pristine barrier island where you’ll have the option to explore the island and its surroundings by kayak. No prior experience is required. From seashells and mangroves, to dunes and unique plants, there is always something exciting to see and experience on this tour.
- You may see: Manatees, dolphins, sea turtles, bald eagles, ospreys, herons, egrets, and roseate spoonbills.
Sunset Rookery Tour
- Tour Description: In Southwest Florida, there are few better views than those of the panoramic, breath-taking sunsets. What better way to enjoy the sunset than on the water in the pristine Florida Everglades. On this kayak tour, a naturalist guide will lead the way through the mangroves and If the weather conditions allow, the guide will tour the 10,000 Islands and Chokoloskee Bay. Picture the illuminating sky beginning to transform into kaleidoscopic colors as the evening becomes calm and at peace. Moonlit tours are available when there is a full moon and that is an Everglades experience not to be missed!
Traditional Guided Sea Kayaking Tours
- Tour Description: Take the opportunity to paddle the 10,000 Islands, Everglades National Park and the Wilderness Waterway on an extended 2-9 day excursion. The Traditional Sea Kayaking tours launch from one of three nearby locations, including Marco Island, Everglades City, or Chokoloskee Island. There are two trip options available, either a loop trip where participants return to the shore they launched at or there is the option for a one way trip, where guests will launch at one location and return to an alternate location. Regardless of the trip route, these tours include all meals, routes and itineraries that can be customized for each trip. All necessary safety equipment is also provided to ensure a relaxing, comfortable, and safe tour. Canoes are a great option for these tours, versus a traditional kayak, due to the fact canoes have more space and can carry more gear for the longer paddle!
Guided Kayak Fishing Tour
- Tour Description: The Kayak ECO Tour allows anglers to fish both the fresh and saltwaters of Everglades National Park, Big Cypress National Preserve, the 10,000 Islands Preserve, and Fakahatchee State Preserve. Kayak fishing is truly unique, and allows anglers access to fishing areas that cannot be reached on a traditional boat. Depending on the season and location, this tour allows anglers to target specific fish in a location of choice. Anglers are encouraged to bring their own gear, however, gear and tackle is available to rent. The fee for this tour includes an outfitted kayak and will be led by a naturalist guide. Please note, a Florida fishing license is required, as anglers are fishing in their own individual “boat”. Anglers are welcome to bring their own kayaks on these trips.
- You may see: Herons, egrets, stilts, ducks, wood storks, spoonbills, alligators, otters, and a gamut of fish.
Private Birding & Photography Excursion Kayak
- Tour Description: This tour is a great introduction to the Everglades wildlife, particularly the birds. With over 300 bird species, the Everglades has become the prime location to spot some of the most exotic birds. Egrets, ospreys, hawks, eagles, pelicans, roseate spoonbill, terns, gulls, plovers, and oystercatchers are common on these tours. The large size of the Park allows photographers to capture photos in areas that may be difficult for others to reach. This exclusive opportunity will allow photographers to capture photos of an array of birds, as well as marine life, such as dolphins, manatees, sea turtles, alligators, and more. There are so many possibilities on this tour and the naturalist guide will be sure to fit your needs and work around your preferences. This tour uses sturdy, tandem kayaks or canoes where the naturalist guide will take you where you please while you take photos. The Private Birding & Photography tour will give guests the opportunity to get up close and personal to the wildlife and plants, making for some incredible photos. We encourage a limit of two guests and one photographer to ensure the best experience possible.
- You may see: A plethora of shorebirds, wading birds and raptors on the powerboat or kayak based trips. Mixed in, as well, can be dolphins, manatees, sea turtles, alligators and a vast variety of others.